- Open iTunes on your computer and connect your device using your Apple charging cable.
- When a message comes up asking to enter the device passcode or to Trust this Computer, follow the prompts. If this message does not come up, proceed to step 3.
- Click on the icon for iPhone, iPad, or iPod once it shows up on your computer.
- Click on Back up now, found under the Summary tab. Make sure that you selected to back up to This Computer rather than iCloud.
- Done. An exact copy of your device content will be stored inside of iTunes. NOTE: You cannot view the content of this copy, it's for your peace of mind. It's in there, don't worry.
1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod connect to Wi-Fi.
2. In your Settings, tap on your name at the very top of the screen and select iCloud.
3. Scroll down and select iCloud Back Up.
4. Tap on Back Up Now.
5. Done. An exact copy of your device will be stored to iCloud. NOTE: Like iTunes back-up, you cannot view the content of this copy, but it's in there.